CONGRATULATIONS on making it past the half-way mark of our month-long writing challenge. Woo-hoo!
- Please use the SAME email/username information on all of your March comments.
- In order to be in the running for a prize at the end of the month, you must leave the link to your slice of life story by 11:59 p.m. EDT.
- Please leave only one link daily.
- Include the permalink to your post when you leave a comment.
- Please use #sol14 on tweets about Slice of Life Story Challenge.
- Questions? Contact one of our concierges:
Sharon Peters (@speters5) is a new Slicer who has joined our writing community from Kuala Lampur. (Her students are also part of the Classroom Challenge!) She’s a talented writer who made my heart race as I read her slice, “Intruders,” last weekend. She crafted a story about an incident with a male macaque that unfolded bit-by-bit and made you feel like you were right there. (Plus, she posted a video that helped to create even more story tension.)
If you’re looking for some inspiration about making your readers feel like they’re right there alongside you, then read “Intruders.” (BTW: I have a feeling you’ll want to know what happened to the beagle by the end of her slice. Be sure to read the comments for the answer!)
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION:
Literacy Consultant. Author. Former 4th and 5th Grade Classroom Teacher.