All first-year Slicers, please be sure to check out Dana’s post today. It’s a special challenge and giveaway just for you!
- Please use the SAME email/username information on all of your March comments.
- In order to be in the running for a prize at the end of the month, you must leave the link to your slice of life story by 11:59 p.m. EDT.
- Please play fair and leave only one link each day.
- Include the permalink (aka: unique URL) to your post when you leave a comment.
- Please use #sol14 on tweets about Slice of Life Story Challenge.
- Questions? Contact one of our concierges:
Some Slicers write about their home lives exclusively, while others write about their teaching. Slicers like Tara Smith (@tara_smith5) write about both so beautifully. Last week Tara wrote “A Slice of Our Read Aloud Day” about her sixth graders settling-in for read aloud. It’s the kind of moment that happens in classrooms every day. However, the way Tara describes read aloud elevates it to a higher place. Check out her slice and then try your hand at making more of a small part of your school day.
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION:
Literacy Consultant. Author. Former 4th and 5th Grade Classroom Teacher.