Classroom SOLSC: 6 of 31
Be thankful for what you have, you’ll end up having more. -Oprah Winfrey
Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections. -Author Unknown
Yesterday I talked about encouraging students to write about worries, troubles, or concerns. Today, I want to encourage you to help those who are struggling to find topics to write about their life as they know it to be, right now. I hope the quotes above will help you frame a conversation with the writers who need your guidance today.
- If your students are slicing from their personal blogs, then you should link their blog posts together using your classroom or personal blog. Then, share the unique URL to the location of the “round up” of student slices. (Click here to find out what a unique URL is.) Remember to post one unique URL and use the same username/email to log so your comments will appear instantly.
- Only post the link to your students’ slices of life here. Do not post the link to your personal slice of life stories here. Post your personal slice of life story over at the daily call for individual slice of life stories.
- Any questions, please contact one of our concierges. (Click here for more information on how to work with our concierges.)
Concierge for last names beginning with A – G: Linda Baie — lindab414[at]gmail[dot]com
Concierge for last names beginning with H – M: LeAnn Carpenter (aka: Elsie) — leannecarpenter[at]sbcglobal[dot]net
Concierge for last names beginning with N – S: Bonnie Kaplan — blkdrama[at]mac[dot]com
Concierge for last names beginning with T – Z: Carol Wilcox — carwilc[at]aol[dot]com
- 31 Slices (ideas for topics)
- Essential Information (includes classroom materials, details on Twitter hashtags, and thoughts about commenting)