This afternoon Stacey said to me, “You don’t know what to do with yourself, do you?”
She was right, I had no clue. Afternoons are the busiest part of my day. When I walk in my door at 4:30 I am completely consumed with family life. The afternoons with Stacey have been quiet and relaxing. I’m thankful to see her in person. But, today’s slice is the moments I’ve missed:
- Tight hugs when I walk in the door, even before I can take my bag off of my shoulder.
- The giggles from a silly joke.
- The sound of tractors, dump trucks, and monster trucks racing through the kitchen.
- My children’s prayers.
- Snuggling on the couch and reading books.
- Cooking dinner while checking homework, dressing a doll, hearing about the day, looking through take-home-bring-back folders and watching domino runs.
- Making chocolate milk.
- Those early morning hugs and I-love-yous.
- Sitting on my couch, writing before the day begins, drinking a perfect cup of tea.
- The glances across the table from my husband.
- And, although this is shocking, I’ve even missed the laundry and the dishes. They remind me how blessed I am to have an active, healthy family.
Unhurried. Finding the magic in the middle of living. Capturing a life of ridiculous grace + raw stories.