Ever since the COVID-19 school closures began, we’ve sought to create content to help you teach in these unprecedented and challenging times. Last week was Teacher Appreciation Week in the United States. We hope your students and their families recognized your hard work and dedication. This week, we are showing our appreciation of you by giving you a chance to hear from seven different authors with a chance to win a book every day for the next week!
For the next seven days, published picture book, middle-grade, and professional book authors will take over Two Writing Teachers to share their thoughts on writing, their writing processes, and the path to publishing with you. Here’s who will be joining us each day:
- Later today, Laurel Snyder shares a piece directed towards students entitled, “How to Write in a Pandemic.”
- Tomorrow, Carole Lindstrom will share a post about writing lyrical nonfiction.
- On Tuesday, Helena Ku Rhee will share a post on writing about your past.
- On Wednesday, Henry Cole will write about the inspiration behind his latest book, One Little Bag.
- On Thursday, Kelly Starling Lyons will share about writing a picture book biography.
- On Friday, Katie Egan Cunningham will help you get comfortable with the uncomfortable when writing a professional book.
- On Saturday, Brooke Smith will close out our series with a post about celebrating the lost words of nature.
Every Author Spotlight post will include a giveaway of each author’s latest book. Four of the authors also included 20-minute Skype/Zoom conversations as part of their giveaway for their post. Be sure to leave a comment about each author’s post for a chance to win the items being given away in their post.
This is the fifth year Two Writing Teachers is hosting the Author Spotlight Series. It’s my hope you’ll meet some new authors, add some new titles to your classroom library, and share their posts with your present and future students as a source of inspiration.
COMMENTS ARE CLOSED ON THIS POST.
Literacy Consultant. Author. Former 4th and 5th Grade Classroom Teacher.