Welcome to the 12th day of the 12th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge!
Write. Share. Give.
Beth Moore, one of the TWT co-authors, wrote a brilliant post yesterday, and it reminded me of the purpose of the Slice of Life STORY Challenge (#emphasisonstory).
In March, the real challenge isn’t just to write every day for thirty-one days. The REAL challenge is to write a story every day. If you’ve found yourself relying on band-aids more often than not, here are a few strategies to get you back to sharing stories, instead of not-stories.
-Beth Moore, The Difference Between Storytelling and Band-aids
While lists and other structures are available, Beth’s post inspired me to rethink some of my work and the overall purpose of the March Challenge. If we want to experience the month of slicing, we should be working to notice important moments in our days, capture them, and bring them to life in our writing. Please check out Beth’s post if you haven’t already, as she offers great ideas and strategies to help us meet this challenge — as well as reassurance that sometimes Band-aids are okay, too.
Do you need some Slicer swag? Visit our Cafepress Store where you can purchase t-shirts, coffee mugs, water bottles, keychains, and more. All proceeds from our Cafepress Store are donated to the Pajama Program.
Need to contact a co-author with a question? Please email us rather than leaving your question within your comment (below). Thank you, in advance, for your patience with us. We receive a high volume of emails during the first few days of the challenge. We will respond to all emails as soon as possible.
If you have questions about the individual challenge, you may contact one of these co-authors.
- If your last name begins with the letters A – E, please email questions to Lanny Ball at lanny.ball[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters F – I, please email questions to Kelsey Corter at kelseymcorter[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters J – M, please email questions to Betsy Hubbard at betsymhubbard[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters N – Q, please email questions to Melanie Meehan at meehanmelanie[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters R – U, please email questions to Beth Moore, beth[at]elizabethmoore.work.
- If your last name begins with the letters V – Z, please email questions to Stacey, stacey[at]staceyshubitz.com.
If you have questions about the Classroom Challenge, which will take place next month, you may contact one of these co-authors:
- If your last name begins with the letters A – M, please email questions to DebFrazier4[at]gmail.com.
- If your last name begins with the letters N – Z, please email questions to Kathleen Sokolowski mrs.sokolowski[at]gmail.com.
Please note: We’re unable to respond to challenge-related questions via Facebook and Twitter.
I am the Writing and Social Studies Coordinator in Simsbury, CT, and I love what I do. I get to write and inspire others to write! Additionally, I am the mom to four fabulous daughters and the wife of a great husband.